Monday, October 5, 2009

Venue: Pear Valley Vineyard

After visiting Eos Winery, we hit up Pear Valley Vineyards. I had never heard of nor been to this place before. But I was browsing through a friend of a friend's pics on Facebook and had seen some great pictures taken there, and decided to check it out. Pear had some good things going for it – but as we soon learned also had one or two things that held us back from exclaiming, “this is the place!” Pear’s event coordinator showed us around the location. Absolutely gorgeous. They have this brand new HUGE building that is their tasting room, and an event room to the side.. with this really cute patio off of it [for that excellent wedding reception dancing that I am oh-so-overjoyed about]. They also have this great little “hill” – perfect with views for the ceremony. Turns out, since they are so new, they have not finished designing the ceremony hill, and are considering putting up clear plastic around this arbor thingy which is where the ceremony would take place. In my head I am picturing this would ruin the wonderful views up there, but without seeing the final product I don’t want to be too quick to make a judgement. Unfortunately, they don’t really have a time line of when the plastic will be installed. Wine tasting: the wine was good. Stay tuned.


We loved the building at Pear Valley:



And the reception room was gorgeous:



If we don't have our wedding here, I know we will be back to visit. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zac and Kate! I wanted to say hi and also how strange reading your blog was since it took me a minute to put two and two together. I ran your wedding at Eagle Castle and have since signed on as Pear Valley's event coordinator! I google imaged the winery for wedding photos to update my web site and found your blog! I love your image of Pear Valley's tasting room, can I use it on my web site?
    Roxan 805-603-2377

    ReplyDelete