Monday, October 5, 2009

Venue: EOS Winery

We were unable to meet with their wedding/event coordinator as she is not in on Saturdays. She assured me this would not be an issue, and it wasn’t. Zac and I showed up at Eos in Paso Robles [on 46 East] and as we pulled in the driveway I recognized the place immediately. Turns out I had been wine tasting there a couple years ago. I remember loving it at the time, and this was still true. We walked into the tasting room and everyone there was very friendly.. It was 10am, and we planned on viewing the property and of course, tasting some wine. That’s when we met Chuck [tasting room wine pourer extraordinaire]. Guess what? Chuck is the man! He showed us around the winery, showed us some photo books from weddings that the event coordinator [Meghan] had set out for us… and then he took us through one of the best wine tasting experiences we have had. [And, that's saying something as you all know, I've been through quite a few wine tastings.] Okay. So, our reactions go something like this: Location: great. Wine: excellent. What’s the one hang-up you may ask? In their wedding contract that I had received by email prior to our visit, it says something about having to rent your own porta-potties. ???!! I simply cannot picture myself having to use a porta-potty while in my wedding dress. And not to mention asking our 100 or so guests to use one that day either. But, I’m hoping there is some better solution than the blue porta-potties you see on construction sites, because that is exactly what I am picturing. At this point EOS could be a winner. I need to talk to Meghan first. Either way, I know Zac and I will be visiting EOS again someday, and possibly joining their wine club. As I said before.. Chuck is the man.


Great pictures from previous weddings at Eos:
This link got me interested in having a wedding at this venue in the first place. You can find it HERE.
A Blake Photography -- I absolutely love her work.






No comments:

Post a Comment