Monday, October 19, 2009

Venue: Eagle Castle Winery

On Friday afternoon, I was attempting to finalize which venues we wanted to see that weekend. Zac kept reminding me that he wanted to at least relax a little on our weekend visit to SLO.. and to take into consideration the USC football on Saturday [of course].

I had emailed back and forth a couple times with Roxan, the event/wedding coordinator at Eagle Castle Winery in Paso Robles. On Friday afternoon I gave her a call to talk about us coming by for a visit. I realized it may be a bit difficult as it was Harvest Festival in Paso, but I thought we could fit something in. She suggested we stop by that evening on our drive down to Los Osos.. and I said it sounded like a great idea, but we'd have Parker (our dog) with us... turns out, they are dog friendly! She said, bring him! So we did.

Eagle Castle was magnificent. Zac absolutely loved the place. It was medieval, and fun. The pictures on the website do not do the place justice. They need to be bigger! [Maybe it is a problem with my browser, I don't know.] Anyways.

Roxan showed us around the castle, and we new instantly it was a top contender. It's not exactly what I had pictured for our wedding (rustic, kitschy, DIRT...), but it was DEFINITELY a place worth considering. We tasted all of their wines, had a great time chatting with Roxan and her boyfriend [soon-to-be assistant winemaker at the castle]... and our dog, Parker, "chilled" on the castle patio, while getting endless amounts of attention from the evening's harvest fest attendees. We bought a couple bottles of wine, and told Roxan we'd be in touch! Driving away, I knew Zac liked this place more than I did... and while I'd love to find a place that both of absolutely love... it may not happen. [We are different.] So, I proposed that IF we did end up having our wedding there, I would like to choose some really great places for the engagement sesh... including the beach, a barn or ranch... and other cool places around town. Like maybe Montana de Oro [where we got engaged last summer!]. He agreed that was a great idea. YAY! :)

Here are some great links of past weddings at Eagle Castle:

Link 1 - LindseyHAHNphotography
Link 2 - David Pascolla photography
Link 3 - Cameron Ingalls photography [Scroll down further on this page for "An Eagle Castle Affair" too!]

Night time shot



Day time shot



Rooftop area for ceremony and cocktail hour





The Library

No comments:

Post a Comment