Friday, May 28, 2010

Disneyland

The day after seeing Carole King and James Taylor, my parents and I headed off to Disneyland! We were going for the a few days to Disney's California Adventure's Food & Wine Festival. The trip was to celebrate my parent's anniversary.

First things first. The trams that take you to and from the parking lot now have doors on them! Did somebody fall out? Although it had only been about a month since my last trip to Disneyland, I hadn't actually been on the trams during that trip... so I am not sure when they were installed. Sometime since the New Year.



















We went straight to DCA to see if we could catch a Food & Wine cooking demonstration... we were in luck! It ended up being someone who was not the person on the schedule... and much to our dismay, it was the same chef that we saw last year... and even more disappointing? He did the exact same recipe!

After that we walked around DCA to see how the new changes were coming along. Disney's World of Color show is set to open very soon!

















After that, we decided to give the cooking demos another shot. We had a great experience watching John Sarich, who is the Culinary Director from Chateau Ste. Michelle.  He gave some great tips, cooked up some excellent food, and was very entertaining to watch!

















The next day we headed straight to the Captain EO Tribute and Space Mountain.



After that, we went to ride Star Tours... for the last time before it closes to make room for Star Tours 2.0! It will be a bummer to not have Star Tours anymore, but I am excited to see how Star Tours 2.0 turns out.

















We rode on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. I got a great score, but was unable to beat my all-time high [which is over 625k!].

















We also went to watch Aladdin [mom's favorite!] because there rumors keep swirling around about it going away to make room for a Toy Story musical.

















Of course, we couldn't miss riding on Toy Story Mania!


















And... we saw Chef Robert Irvine from Food Network's Dinner Impossible!



















All hail the mouse!


One of my favorites... Winnie the Pooh!

















And, Mickey!






















What a wonderful trip!! I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment